BB&T Gate City Half Marathon and 8K!
Volunteer Teams Welcome!
Volunteers are the most important part of any well organized event. This race is not only a celebration of health and wellness in our community and in our state; it is also a chance to showcase Greensboro to athletes from around the state who might not otherwise visit our area.
Volunteering with the BB&T Gate City Half Marathon and 8K is an exciting opportunity for you to share in the fun and excitement of race day. Every little task and detail is important to the overall athlete experience. Here’s five great reasons to volunteer:
- Free Race Crew T-Shirt
- FREE Carrabba’s Meal after the race
- FREE Natty Greene’s Beer (21 and older)
- Making a difference in the lives of children experiencing foster care
- Meet many exciting, enthusiastic people!
Here are a few tips to keep in mind as a Race Volunteer:
- The day, time of day and activity that you help with is very important. Please don’t agree to volunteer if you aren’t sure that you will be able to be there. Each person has an intricate role; no shows can really cause great difficulties from the planning stage to the execution stage of the race. We ask that you report on time and stay on task for the duration of your shift.
- Invite a family member, friend, or group who can join you. We’ll do our best to team you together as volunteering is ALWAYS more fun when you are able to do it with people you know!
- BB&T Gate City Half Marathon & 8K is a great way to promote a group, company, or organization. We would love to feature you on our website. Contact us to speak more about it!