Liz Lindsay, of Janes on the Run is the UHC NC Marathon Training Coordinator. Her training program for the Marathon and Half Marathon began in November and December, the 5K training started in January. Here are her latest reports:
1/2 Marathon & Marathon School
The 1/2 Marathon & Marathon School is in its 8th week this week…unbelievable! I am so very proud of these 20 women! They have run throughout holiday hub-bub and in sub 20 degree temperatures! Each and every one of them has remained dedicated to their Training and are psyched about the Event!
- Key Mileages Reached: 7–8–9–10–13! (Remember each women gets a customized plan, so they are at different points in their running mileages.)
- Key Lessons Discussed: Endurance Training Basics, Intensity & Pacing, Running Form, Nutrition for Runners, Strength Training & Stretching.
- Educational Clinics: Gait Analysis, Stretching Basics, and upcoming next Thursday, Dr. Bert Fields will discuss Biomechanics and Injury Prevention.
This one is just getting up and running! We have 20 women in this School as well. Most of these women are BEGINNING RUNNERS!
This is always so very cool for me; I love training and teaching and motivating new runners, most of whom are so wary of thinking they can accomplish such as task…. And for BEGINNERS to start a NEW and challenging fitness program in Winter is phenomenal!
Our Orientation Meeting was on January 9th. We discussed the format of the school, what their would training involve, and had 2 Educational Clinics: Choosing the Right Shoe and Choosing the Right Running Bra.
We also completed an Intial Running Evaluation on each woman, to help determine an appropriate Training Plan. These ladies are 2 weeks into their School and are doing awesome. Some are running for 2 minutes, some for 10 and some for miles… We’ve also discussed Endurance Training Basics and Intensity.
I have one local man, one woman in Raleigh, and one woman from Virginina. We text, talk via phone, and SKYPE each week. (I will meet each of them in person one or more times before Event Day). Each runner is following true to plan and getting the same lessons the LIVE Schoolies get.They each are rocking their running!
The Official 2010 Running Schools Programs Include:
- Detailed Training Resource Guide
- Customized training program, based on your current level of fitness
- Weekly group training sessions, to be held on Saturdays at various Triad locations
- Weekly informational & motivational emails
- Educational Clinics presented by community businesses and leaders on topics such as, Choosing the Right Running Shoe, Sports Nutrition, Cross Training and Injury Prevention
- Experienced & supportive coaches
- Official 2010 Running School technical running shirt
- School goodie bag
- V.I. P. treatment & support during your event!
For more Running Schools information, contact Liz Lindsay, UHC NC Marathon Training Coordinator, at 336-402-3985
or visit janesontherun.com
Unable to participate in a “live” School? Ask about our Virtual Training Schools!